Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Reader Project: John's 1963 and 1964 Huffy Sportsmen

Remember John's 1955 Huffy Sportsman that was a brother of a different color to mine? Well, by some strange twist of fate, John came upon two more Raleigh-made Huffys, an almost-identically matched pair, in fact, and decided to restore them as a wedding present for his nephew and bride (the men's is 1963, the women's 1964). The results are astonishing, and John did a fantastic job of documenting his work. We hope the happy couple will spend many enjoyable hours awheel on these lovely bicycles.

8 comments:

  1. Sweet! I rarely see a vintage Huffy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful pair!! Im headin over to check out his pics now (a wedding gift?!?!) so awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I love the split colour saddle. Pack a picnic and off we go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He must be quite a terrific uncle. The newlyweds are quite blessed. This was a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to place my order for a ladies 47" please! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bev, you've grown a bit, apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a bike that looks alot like yours and i really love the looks of these bikes but this one is driving me crazy.It is a POWER KING made in Japan and it is a 3 speed.I got it 3 days before easter because my friend was going to take it for juke and i told him i couldn't let him take it apart.I keep tring to find out about it by google but nothing comes up. I would thank you very much if you could help me you can email me at tigerpoohnme@yahoo.com again thank you for any help you could give me

    ReplyDelete
  8. What year was a Huffy Country Road ladies bike built? Looks like it might be a 1970 -1980 bike?

    ReplyDelete