Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Old Bikes of Spring II

And speaking of projects:

CALLING ALL OLD BIKE BLOG READER PROJECTS SUBMITTERS!

Now that spring has more-or-less arrived, let's see how your winter projects came out! I would very much like to post after photos of all your hard work, and preferably, a nice "action" shot of your refurbished/restored bike on the road or trail. If you're not quite done with your projects yet (like some old bike bloggers, ahem...), just send along a photo of your progress at this point, and then maybe another when it's finished. Half the fun of finishing is getting to compare the before and after shots, so let's see what you've got!

So, send me an email with a few photos and a quick description of the work you've done, and I'll post them up here as they come in.

9 comments:

  1. Should be able to let you have something on one of my old girls; the 1930s "The Sun" is just about ready for a road test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Raleigh will be ready sometime soon.
    I've recently started to attack my bicycle piles; so far I stripped the two god-awful 24" dept. store Huffys. I had these because they were free, I've gained some cables and cable housing, some bearings and bearing races, two frames I can mess with for projects, and four wheels I can practice truing with. The rest: fork, cranks, pedals, esp. the pedals, shifters, levers, and brakes are of such horrible quality it makes you cringe.

    Next up is fixing my friend's family's three bicycles, then the finally onto the 1971 Raleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you want just photos or do you want commentary, as well? Blue will be back together next weekend and I have shots of the whole thing that I just haven't posted to Flickr, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photos, please, if you got 'em!

    I'll be done (I hope) next weekend, too, with both the Schwinn and the Huffeigh. Can. Not. Wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your bike projects either. I'll send some photos of my Raleigh (Molly) mixte project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to find an inexpensive old bike as a project to play with. The nishiki is dead on the table and.. Well, perhaps I need to clean out the garage of bikes first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, man did I miss label your web URL on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's still sooo cold in Michigan, but I'll have some pictures for you within the next couple months. In the meantime, I'm planning the most obnoxious paint job possible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been gone form here a little while,but I recently started on one of my project-able bikes,will email you with updates soon :)
    Steve

    ReplyDelete