Thursday, March 26, 2009

Schwinn Resources

Now that I'm working on another Schwinn (we have two now, my wife's 1977 Suburban and this one), I'm taking them a bit more seriously. I'm not sure why, but I haven't always been the biggest fan of Schwinns. Now that I've spent some time with this one, I'm really coming to appreciate their quality and style--especially the quality.

So, here are some links I've been collecting over the last couple of days. Please suggest more in the comments if you have them. There is a real community of Schwinn fanatics out there ("enthusiasts" doesn't seem like a strong enough word!), and I know a lot of visitors end up here at the OBB looking for Schwinn stuff. The few posts I've done on my wife's Suburban are by far the most visited.

Eventually, I'll create a dedicated section of links in the sidebar for Schwinn resources. Until then, here are a few good ones. I get the feeling I'm just scratching the surface here, so please give me more!




By the way, I keep accidentally typing "Scwhinn", so if you catch one that I haven't corrected, do let me know, since it will affect how people find what they're looking for on my blog.

3 comments:

  1. The only Schwinn I have ever owned was a red 1986 LeTour 12-speed road bike, which I am pretty-sure was made in the far-east, either Taiwan or Japan. I put many, many miles on that bike, and it was a quality piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 1965 26" Schwinn Racer. Can any one advise what size tube and maybe where to buy it.

    thanks,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Pat from Schwinncruisers.com
    I hope you will take a look at my site. I am putting vintage Schwinn catalogs online in their entirety forreference of Schwinn enthusiists and collectors. If you like what you see, please consider listing my resource. Thanks,
    Patrick Sexton

    ReplyDelete