Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Blog Love: Bicyclog

I've posted about Yanek's Tel Aviv-based Bicyclog before, but because it's so darn cool, it's getting another. You know how sometimes you'll be walking down the street with your spouse/significant other and/or friends who aren't interested in bikes, and suddenly you pass a bike rack, do a double-take, and then go back and spend twenty minutes poking around some great old bike, wishing you had a camera? If you're reading this blog, you probably know what I'm talking about. Well, Yanek does have a camera, and he always snaps great photos of interesting bikes he finds all over Tel Aviv, many of which are Israeli-made bikes that aren't common elsewhere. When he can, Yanek also provides some explanatory or historical context for the company. It's always a treat when I see a Bicyclog post come over my feed reader, because it always feels like I've made some great discovery while walking down the street, and this way I don't have to worry about my friends waiting on me.

5 comments:

  1. That Israeli HOC look very similar to a vintage Raleigh. I wonder if the parts are to Raliegh specs or British specs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and speaking of fotos how do i post to your blog (58 raleigh you have kindly answereed questions about) and my new find--august 1960 mens phillips manhattan, badges say birmingham, has 3 speed rear dynohub and lights don't know if they work yet. great blog!
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. MarcosLagoSalado: you can send an email with photo attachments by clicking on my profile in the sidebar, then clicking "Email." I'm looking forward to seeing your bikes, they sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thom thank you for a link, you have exactly described my actions while I'm on the street. I'm glad that that you find local bicycle scene interesting. Thank you again!!!

    ReplyDelete